Friday, January 11, 2008

Strike, Strike, Strike!

I have no pity for anyone in the entertainment industry. They all "earn" entirely too much money. That being said, the writers are right. They should get a piece of the ridiculously large pie of the sale of their stuff, no matter the medium--internet, theater, DVD, whatever. That being said, I hope the strike continues. Don't get me wrong, I love my shows. House. 24. Bones. The Unit. Etc. Rest in peace, because since the strike, I and my family have watched less TV than...well...ever, and everything seems to be getting better at home. Kids are getting more interested in coloring, games (not even video games!), and all other things not-TV. I'm getting more work done. It's beautiful.

Eventually, studios will be losing money because there will be nothing for people to watch. How nice would it be that the ridiculously obscene amounts of money made by entertainment media that encourage vegetative states be spent on...say...sports gear? Would that be so bad?

No comments: